Charity bike rides in Kent
We are delighted to announce that the Divas on Wheels ladies only charity bike ride will start and finish at the Freewheel Cycling Cafe in Graveney on Sunday 18 June 2017. It’s going to be great to have the ladies back at the Freewheel and let’s see if we can raise even more money this year for the Pilgrims Hospices. The Divas on Wheels is the first women only charity bike ride in Kent.
Why you should take part
If you are new to cycling then have no fear as you have 5 months to prepare and we will be with you all the way to help you get fit and confident on the road. There are so many reasons why you should consider taking part this year:
- over 2300 people in East Kent and their families access the Pilgrims Hospice care each year. By taking part in the Divas on Wheels bike ride you will help the hospice to continue offering free care for people with life-limited illnesses
- you get to cycle through the picturesque Kent countryside
- choose to ride either a 25 mile or 50 mile route
- ride with like minded women and make new cycling buddies
- after your cycle you can enjoy a complimentary sports massage, visit our hairdressing team to restyle your helmet flattened hair. Then there’s a barbecue, refreshments, lots of retail therapy with some very special cycling boutique stalls and our Divas raffle with luxury prizes
- all competitors receive a finishers medal and goodie bag
Divas training rides
If you’re new to cycling, or you just have a fresh fitness target you want to achieve as part of this challenge you’ll love our organised Divas on Wheels training rides.
Fully supported, you can pick from a range of routes and distances and there’s always plenty of advice and encouragement from our team of leaders.
We also offer bite-size bike maintenance sessions from The Freewheel in Faversham (Dates to be confirmed).
So you can have the most enjoyable experience, there will be staggered start times according to the route that you have chosen:
50 mile cyclists: Please plan to register between 8:30am-9am
25 miles cyclists: Please plan to register between 9:45am-10:15am
If you would like to register on the Pilgrims Hospices Divas on Wheels bike ride, get in touch, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Telephone: 01227 812621
Still need convincing? – here’s just a selection of last year’s amazing ladies having a great time!