As we move into November, it’s a bit colder and a bit darker, but we’re keeping busy and warm at The Freewheel. We’ll keep the fires burning and the beer cool, the coffee hot and the food delicious!
We had a lovely feature in the Waitrose Weekend newspaper a couple of weeks ago. It’s nice to have some national recognition.
We’ve launched our Christmas Party Menu. See it HERE or pick up a copy in the pub. There’s still time to get your booking in. The minimum number of people for a booking is eight.
We launched Happy Hour last month and that’s gone down well, so we’ll continue that through November. Happy Hour (well technically two hours) is on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 5pm to 7pm, where all Beers (pints), all Wines (medium) and all Spirits (25ml) will be available for £2.50.
The Freewheel November Calendar is as busy as ever. Of special note this month are:
- Astronomy Night on Friday 3rd
- Halloween-BonfireNight-Movember Fancy Dress Party on Saturday 4th
- Marsh Meander with Lou at 10am on 5th
- Art Club at 10am on Mondays 6th & 20th
- General Ignorance Quiz Night at 7.30pm on Thursday 9th
- Roller Racing at 7pm on Friday 10th
- Open Mic on Saturdays 11th & 25th
- Cairoke Charity Karaoke at 7.30pm on 18th
- Kareoke on Friday 24th
- Movember Charity Steel Steed Ride on Sunday 26th
The weekly activities also continue including Bus Pass lunch every Wednesday (Just £7 for a main, pudding and hot drink), Roast Lunch every Sunday, Curry Night every Thursday, Bridge Club at 2pm every Thursday, Guitar Club at 7.30pm on Thursday, Friday Night Supper and Saturday Dinners.
Charity of the month is The Movember Foundation. Find out more at www.movember.com